Monday, February 27, 2006

How can $13 ruin a day?

Rich gave me $100 to go buy groceries and get the car inspected. After he left I realized I needed to replace the windshield wipers in order to pass inspection. Emailed him and he said it should be enough.

Spent $12 on blades.

Spent $69 at Food Lion. I only bought stuff that was on sale, and only bought stuff that was on my list.

That left me with $17. An inspection is $30.

Now, I know pregnancy can make you emotional, but damn. The despair I sank into because I can't afford anything. I feel like I never, ever have enough. And screw having any extra. I felt guilty for buying a bag of pumpkin seeds because they aren't necessary.

So. How can a person NOT let a matter of $13 ruin the day? I'd really love to know.

2 comments:

Joy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joy said...

I discovered a typo. Crap.

What that said was:

By my calculations and personal experience, a car in North Carolina can go uninspected for roughly 8 months before being detected. However, pumpkin seeds are so tasty that they can not be refused for more than a few hours, tops.
Don't fret, the $13 can wait.