Saturday, March 31, 2007

Thanks a lot, Meth Heads

It's March in North Carolina. Specifically, it's Pollen Time in North Carolina. When I moved here 12 years ago it totally fucked me up. I was a mess for years. 3 or 4 of them. Eventually, I got used to it. Luckily, I had tested as NOT being allergic to pine, because this is pine:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That's the accumulation since yesterday afternoon. However, I really haven't had too much trouble in years. Until today. My face feels like it's about to split open, letting loose that annoying bowler wearing mucus dude from the commercials. My teeth hurt, the pressure is so bad. All I could think was, crap. Do NOT let me get a sinus infection. So off to Kmart I went to buy Claritin-D. Yep, that's right, the only thing left that still contains actual Sudafed. This meant that not only did I have to present my driver's license, but I also had to sign my life away. For sinus meds. As I was signing I said, "This is so retarded." and the lady at the counter said, "yes it is." I said, "the new stuff doesn't work," and she said, "It sucks."

So thanks to a handful of morons, innocent, law abiding people have to record exactly what meds they're buying and when.

Fuckwads.

6 comments:

Dagny said...

Dude.
That fucking sucks.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

And yes, meth heads have fucked it for the rest of us. Asshats.

Barb said...

I hear ya Julie! I hate having to go to the pharmacy for Sudafed. I use it a lot for sinus headaches and It sucks that I have to go wait at the fucking pharmacy for it! And the Sudafed PE IS USELESS!!!
Anyway, Hope you feel better soon. Praying you don't get a sinus infection.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

OMG Julie I know what you mean about the pollen! Its everywhere here! Every car at the car lot is yellow!!! And I dont know if you read my blog but there is a pic of my toes after I walked through our lot and I have YELLOW TOES!! But yeah this was probably more of a post about dumbass meth heads so fuck meth heads!!!!

jennyquarx said...

a) I did not know that there was anything that still had real sudafed so thanks for that information

b) I so could not handle that amount of pollen. Yet another reason I can't move to NC. :-(

Michele said...

yeah, I bought some INFANT DROPS with decongestant and thought I was signing my life away. :P