Friday, May 08, 2009

No Baby Yet

I was "scheduled" to be induced on Wednesday. Turns out they set it up like triage, in that those who have more urgent needs get priority, and my painful legs and limited mobility are not life threatening so I've been neglected.

Apparently Rex hospital schedules on average 6 inductions per day, 6 C-Sections per day, and then they have the pesky women coming in who go into labor all by themselves.

So right now we're in a holding pattern. They don't induce on weekends, so since I have yet to receive a call if I don't go into labor on my own this weekend we're looking at next week now.

My due date is Tuesday.

In the meantime I have been given permission to keep taking my Vicodin for the pain. I'm not all that happy about it, but whatever. There's nothing I can do.

My bag is packed. I keep getting everything "done" so I can leave the house without wigging about stuff being left for Rich and my mom. The laundry is once again complete, the dishes are all done, the house is vacuumed, etc etc etc...

The only thing that I'm even remotely happy about in this is that I've been given extra one on one time with Livvie. I will never again have that luxury.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Good luck! And many blessings.

Safeena said...

All of us here at the Wagner Cat Spa will keep our fingers crossed & wait for the good news. May it be a safe and easy birth for you both.

Giant hugs to Livvie.