Monday, October 08, 2007

Bzzzzttttt

Last night I came back into the living room after having been in the kitchen for 2 minutes to find my beer glass in my daughter's hands. My now EMPTY beer glass. I removed said glass from her possession and scanned the area for spilled beer. I could find only one damp stuffed animal in the toy box. Not too bad, right?

No, it gets worse.

I attempted to reply to an email the BFF sent me. This is what I received for my typing attempts---

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Ok, WTF?

I then noticed that Caps Lock was also damp. And sticky. How about that, so was the Shift key. I lifted the keyboard and saw beer pooling under the space bar, the A key, and many other buttons on the left side of the keyboard. I attempted to dry it out, and even left it turned upside down all night.

I got up this morning and recived an IM from a friend of mine. I was then REQUIRED to institute an Audio Chat with her because I could not type at her myself. I eventually tried just for shits and giggles and this is what came about:

9999999999999999999999

So at 9:35 afore mentioned daughter and myself head to the (ugh) mall to purchase a new keyboard at the Apple store. I got it home and at first despised the new low profile style. Now I love it.

So thanks for spilling my beer into the old, nasty, gunk filled keyboard Livvie. You actually did me a favor.

3 comments:

Barb said...

LMAO!!
Ok, I just laughed so hard I shot water out my nose!
Thanks for that:)

Cyn said...

I do not know what would have been worse, drinking all that beer herself or destroying the keyboard. She is quite a character!

fluffingthevoid said...

if i had the money i would ask you to spill a beer in mine. a trip to the Apple store is nice, spending money in the Apple store is even better.