Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dagnabit

There have been no naps recently. I'm pretty sure they're done. I will never again enjoy an hour of silence midday, and that's no exaggeration.

So yesterday, due to the no nap thing, I put the kid down at 530. She went right to sleep. HOWEVER, at 621pm she woke up crying enough that I had to go get her and bring her out.

She got a second wind. 

BY 8pm neither Rich nor I could take the noise anymore and I put her back to bed. As of 834 she was still awake, but I didn't care and went to bed. At least she wasn't crying. By 9pm I was asleep, and I would wager I fell asleep before she did.

So I'm pregnant and taking my crazy meds anyway. I have to. If I don't I can't imagine what would happen in this household. I have called my doctor's office FOUR times now to see if my current dosages are safe or not, and I've either not received a call back or not been able to get through at all. How is this OK??? This could be dangerous for crying out loud, and yet the damn doctor doesn't feel the need to call me back? No longer to be known as Headologist #1, she is now to be known as Docfuck. I'm so sick of this. 

How would you handle this when finally reaching Docfuck? Would you call her on it and be somewhat rude? Would you ignore it? My first instinct is to call her on it and let her know how unhappy I am, and I'm not usually one for confrontation. BUT, she's notorious for not returning my calls, and I don't even call that often. Maybe once every three months or so. This is insane.

EDIT: Never mind. I'm going off my meds. I did some research and the instances of birth defects and miscarriages are too high for me to take any chances. I never felt mentally better than the last time I was pregnant, so I'm hoping that'll be the case this time. Wish me luck please. I'm going to need it.

6 comments:

Em said...

Is there an alternative medicine you could take? (Good luck!)

Cyn said...

Keep trying to reach her. Next message you leave, tell her you are now off your meds. That should get her attention. Must be very frustrating to be ignored when you need answers. When she does finally call and she will, tell her you need someone to reach who will respond. Ask her to refer you to another doc. Either she will or she will call you back.

The fact you called her 4 times in one day and going off your meds too is a little unsettling to me. I know you want a healthy baby but if you put yourself in danger, or worse yet Livvie, then you will be doing a disservice to the latest member of your family.

My only advice is to keep pestering your doc until she gives in. Some things are more important than confrontation, like answers!

Anonymous said...

There is no question, not only do you confront that doctor you get a new doctor. Be brave Julie, that doctor sucks and has for a long time. This is important to you and your childs health. I am hoping you can take something for yourself and keep the baby healthy.
Big hugs. XOXO

Anonymous said...

Nothing I could add to the wise words above advice wise, but I want you to know I'm thinking of you. I hope this stupid neglectful doc becomes not your doc very soon and that the doc you get next is falling all over him/herself to sort all this out and get you on exactly the right set up for optimum health. Hugs for you :)

jennyquarx said...

I wish you had a different doctor. This is like SUPER important, she needs to call you back a week ago.

Not sure what I would do in your shoes. D was a medicated pregnancy and I've said I might not do it that way again but honestly, I might. I just don't know, I would have to make that call with Dr. H.

I know it's a personal decision, one that should be made WITH your doc if she actually would get in touch with you. I know she could ease your mind more than Dr. Google can.

Good luck, I wish she'd call.

Smooches.

Anonymous said...

They switched my mental meds to a different rx for the pregnancy. They didn't work quite as well but when the first one permanet markered the new TV after I accidently fell asleep during "Blues Clues" I didn't completely freak out so they had to help some. I say take the squeaky wheel tatic with the Doc, call every half hour. Lots of luck Girl.