Monday, November 10, 2008

If You Read a Book Enough...

You memorize the pages. 

<----- See this book? It's one of Livvie's favorites. It's one of mine too. It's short, and cute, and stars a rodent. I love rodents.

Livvie also has a book by the same author called If You Take a Mouse to School. 

<----- This picture? Also in If You Take a Mouse to School. 

So today Livvie was "reading" If You Take, and she flipped the page to the picture. She looked at it for a moment, and then turned around and found Time For School, Mouse. She carried the book over to the sofa and held it up next to the picture on the page.

They matched! How cool!

Know what's really cool? I was just typing this post and Livvie saw the picture in it and went and got the book for me. Which I was then obliged to read.

She might not talk, but she's no dummy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is darling. Of course she is smart, you are her mom :-).

Em said...

Talking has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence. Course, you already know that. My son was a late talker too.

squirrelgirl said...

Yup, my daughter doesn't talk yet either but she understands every darn word we say. I can't wait to see what comes out of her mouth when she DOES decide to start talking LOL!

Cyn said...

Of course she is not a dummy. Glad you are instilling a love for small animals now. Then she will not be one of those stupid grownup who run away from ferrets screeching they are rodents and therefore somehow icky. Which I so do not understand. When someone once told me they didn't like Emma's paws because they were too small, I started kissing them every day so her feelings would not be hurt. lol