Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fucksocks

Philadelphia Eagles 25 - Arizona Cardinals 32

This is why I don't watch.

I didn't watch the World Series. Even though my beloved Phillies were playing, I was terrified to watch. Every night I would watch the news and get a quick idea of what the score was doing, and then I'd get in bed and clamp my eyes shut and cross my fingers that that brief lapse wouldn't jinx them completely.

Rich wanted to watch the Eagles game today. I thought it was a bad idea, but I went along with it.

Of course they lost.

I'm pulling for the Steelers in the current game, and I'm watching it. They're winning. It's not that big a deal, however, because they aren't MY home team. My special brand of bad luck only seems to affect the teams from my hometown.

It affects adopted hometowns as well. Which is why the Panthers got their asses handed to them.

I guess it's better this way. I really would have hated to totally avoid the Super Bowl.


No comments: