Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oops

Last night I could have filmed a Chinet commercial.

I made jambalaya, and as always I cooked the whole chicken breasts in the mix until they were ready to be shredded. When they were done I got them out and transferred them to a paper plate on the counter so I could do just that.

I shredded them and then proceeded to try to carry the plate back to the pot to reinstall them into the mix.

You guessed it.

Halfway to the pot the chicken fell right through the plate and onto the floor. Thank the gods I had only paid half price for that chicken, because if I had paid $9, which I never do, I would have been even more pissed at myself. I mean, how the fuck stupid was that idea?

We cleaned up the chicken and proceeded to have sausage jambalaya. At the end of dinner Rich said, "That was good. It just seemed to be missing something."

I almost threw my fork at him.

In other news, Rich took a look at my truck and thinks the issue is the timing belt, which not only means a couple of hundred dollars, but it also means that the truck will definitely have to be towed to the service station because if you drive with a broken timing belt it can fuck up the valves. THAT would run about $1500.

Sigh again.

It's been a pretty shitty 24 hours.

5 comments:

Nina said...

I agree with you. The last 24 hours can be removed from the matrix.

squirrelgirl said...

I just did the same thing the other day with a brand new carton of eggs. And I posted pics of the mess on my blog. So I know where you're coming from. Hang in there - this, too, shall pass!

Dagny said...

(((((((((((hug)))))))))))

Now come meet my Orinch.

he is awaiting your ohhhhh's and aweeeeees. ;)

Anonymous said...

yes, I had a terrible 24 hours too!
Good luck with the truck. Hugs.

Em said...

I totally would have thrown the fork!