Monday, July 14, 2008

Sniff

I just watched my baby get towed away.

$65 to go 5 houses up to the service station.

Rich was doing some research online and discovered that if it is in fact the timing belt we're looking at $700-$800 for the repair.

I just can't believe this.

Rich talked me out of selling the truck because his feeling is that if we spend so much money to get it fixed we should at least keep it long enough to get our money's worth. I have to agree with him I guess. It would make no sense to sell it after this.

This is the third vehicle I've watched get towed. The first one was my very first car, a Beretta, after the engine block cracked and the junk yard offered me $25 for it to junk it. I stood there and cried as it was hauled away.

My Saturn got towed twice. Saturns are notorious for electrical problems, and one time I was on my way to NJ to visit my mom. As I was pulling into town my alternator started to go. It managed to stay alive until just as I pulled up in front of mom's house. It was then towed to the dealership.

The alternator died again a few years later as I was on my way home from work one night. Once again I had to watch it get hauled away. It sucked.

This morning I watched the dude attach the truck to the rig and pull it out of the driveway. As he was leaving the driveway he hit the drainage ditch with the front end of the truck. It bounced. I was less than happy. How dare he treat my baby that way?

So now we wait. They probably won't even get a chance to look at it until tomorrow at the earliest. In the meantime my stomach is in knots and my nerves are shot.

Have a great Monday everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even count how many times my old car was towed, too many to remember. I sold my old car because I was putting so much money in it, now I have a newer car and guess what? I still put money in it, so yeah, keep your truck unless you plan on a brand new car.

Dagny said...

Poor truck.

I hope it is a cheap fix.

xoxo

Cyn said...

Towing insurance is the best insurance I have. I use it frequently.