Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sigh

My truck is dead.

I went to start it this morning to go to the pharmacy, and when I started it the RPMs wouldn't go above the 1. The truck was shuddering hard, and there was a smell of gasoline. I tried to put it in gear and back it up and it stalled.

I tried twice.

It's not out of gas. There's a half a tank in there. All I know is that it's going to have to be towed ($$) to the service station and that we can't afford to have it fixed.

I only owe $2100 on it, so if the repair doesn't cost too much I think it's time to sell it. Even with the dents I think I could get $4000 for it and put the $1900 toward a new car. I don't want a new car. I love my truck. I don't want to part with it.

But I think it's time.

For the past year I've had nothing but problems with it. It's 9 years old, so I guess I should expect that, but I wasn't ready for it. If I had been smart I would have created a savings account to store money in for emergencies such as this, but I wasn't that smart. Plus, all of my money every month goes to drugs, bills, and pet food.

I don't know what to do here. I'm at a loss.

No comments: