Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Um, SONAR???

Yeah, so whatever you do, do NOT get cocky and holler out an answer while playing bar trivia. Your friends will lay the beat down on you.

I had a blast last night. BFF and I got there super early, having overestimated how long it would take to get there. We headed to the bar where I had THE most overpriced margarita on the planet. Seriously, it IS in a large glass, but it's mostly ice. Apparently they don't do frozen ones anymore. It didn't even taste as good as they used to. When the waiter finally found his way back to us he offered me a smaller, lower priced "top shelf" margarita, and I declined and switched to beer. Beer is cheap and I can drink a lot of it without falling on my face.

We met our friends and joined their table and started playing, and it was loads of fun. It was not the computerized trivia that people from all over the country play against each other. This was sheets of paper and pens, and handing in your answers when you're done. We came in 3rd the 1st round and finished 4th overall for the evening. I was absolutely, positively, sure of myself on 4 questions and got those right (Chuck Yeager). I was semi sure on a few others and got some of those wrong (Princess Anne).

I got hammered. And I don't mean just a little bit. I mean by the end of the evening I would go outside to smoke with BFF and I'd be dancing little jigs outside while talking to her. Bless her heart, she never makes fun of me for it, just sits and smiles, and very politely drives me home and dumps my ass in the driveway. Ok, well, she does wait until I get in the door before she leaves, but she doesn't make the effort to like, shine her headlights on the door so I can see what the fuck I'm doing with my keys. 

So I staggered into the house and Rich was still up. It was nice to see him. I love seeing Rich when I have been out for awhile. Even if I've only been out for 3 hours I still miss him. In fact, I was really wishing we could have gotten a sitter and he could have come with us. It was THAT much fun.

Then I went into my pockets this morning and discovered $12 in cash. This leads me to believe that BFF paid for a few of my food and/or drink indiscretions and wasn't up front with me when she told me how much money to give her. Someday I'll get her back for this. If I can manage it. She's pretty sneaky when it comes to this sort of thing.


7 comments:

Dagny said...

I am so glad you had a rockin time!

And got hammered!! Good girl, you deserved it!

:)

Em said...

I've been checking your blog this morning hoping for a positive report on your night out. And here it is! Awesome.

jennyquarx said...

I am so glad you had so much fun! You totally deserved it. I hope you get to do it more often!!

Woodrow said...

I haven't played bar trivia in forever. That's fun stuff.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you had a wonderful time! I hope you get to go out more often. Perhaps a sitter once a week, or even once a month, then Rich can go too :-).

Cyn said...

Oh that is great after the day you had to go have some real fun. A nice break from the Wiggles & Little Einstein.

Anonymous said...

It's always wonderful to be able to 'get away'....even a bad marguerita is a good one!! My friend from college (which was over thirty years ago) is coming to visit the last weekend in March....I think a trip to the Ocala Ale House is in order ;)