Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Morning

Has been spent drinking coffee, going out to smoke, and watching Buffy. 

Buffy is now on Sunday mornings on the FX channel at 7am. Since I don't have all of the seasons on disk I've been getting up before 7 on Sundays, getting my coffee, checking my email, and sitting down in front of Buffy.

The current episode is the one where the vamps invade parent-teacher night at the school. I adore this episode so it was a nice surprise this morning. There's this scene where Xander has to go into Buffy's purse and accidentally pulls out a tampon and...well...never mind.

I had only occasionally ever seen episodes of Buffy until my friend Jmac essentially told me that if I didn't start watching them I'd basically be a dork forever. So I Netflixed season 1, and got hooked within 3 episodes. Livvie even got into it at the time, because she would jam out to the opening theme music. In fact, I'm thinking of putting on some of season 4 this week and watching to see if she still recognizes the theme.

Well, cancel that. The show just ended and she showed no reaction to the theme music whatsoever. Oh well. It used to be funny to watch her bounce up and down in her Bumbo seat while the music was on. I guess it's been too long.

I guess I'll start my day. Cleaning, vacuuming, getting some laundry done, finding season 1 on my eBay dude's sale list, buying that, going to the grocery store etc. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

8 comments:

Nina said...

I have never seen a Buffy episode. Am I missing out? Am I a dork forever?

Michele said...

You are a dork forever Nina. ;) j/k

The show is a fun romp, I like it. We bought all the seasons a few years ago, before baby and before we were so friggen poor. I haven't watched them in a while... I should pull them out again and watch them in between netflix deliveries.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen an episode either.
Another Dork here. I may someday watch it though. Julie don't clean too much okay, I don't want you to get ahead of me. :-).

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Jen, and I am a dork forever.

Damn.

Woodrow said...

I've never seen it either. I thought it was a movie?

Em said...

When I first read this I thought you wrote it this morning, and I was like... what the hell? It's only 7:30 in the morning and she's starting to vacuum NOW?

And I've never seen a Buffy episode either.

jennyquarx said...

All y'all must watch Buffy.

Julie - Amazon has all the seasons super cheap right now. Might even be a better deal than your dude.

I heart Buffy.

Dagny said...

never watched an episode.

*ducks*