Saturday, April 12, 2008

Post #2, Fred

This is Fred. First thing this morning I spied Fred sitting on the side wall of our house (outdoors). Fred is about 2 inches long, and as I hope you can see his wings look like tree bark.

This leads me to believe Fred is suicidal. As you can see our walls are white. We have a ton of birds around our house. I hope Fred's depression isn't a long lasting sort.

Fred has been sitting there for at least 3 hours, and every time I've gone out to smoke today I've spoken to him. He doesn't move a leg. I've asked him nicely to leave, but either he doesn't speak English or he's ignoring me. Probably the latter.

I don't plan to get rid of Fred in anyway at all. I'd really like to see how long he hangs out. I'm hoping he at least eats something soon, but I haven't a clue as to what Fred would eat. He has a cute face, and he doesn't look to be the sort to eat other bugs. I am hoping he's a vegetarian, unless he'll eat the wasps that have currently decided to make my hanging jack-o-lantern their new home (yes, it's still hanging out there. I know it's April).

So give a shout out to Fred, one of the nicest, most placid bugs I have ever seen. And yes, I am usually grossed out by giant bugs, but as I've mentioned, he has a cute face.


8 comments:

Dagny said...

I love Fred. And I hope he sticks around for a while. :)

Nina said...

Maybe he will eat some lettuces from your Subway sandwich.

Michele said...

I want to know what kind of bug it is. :)

Anonymous said...

I love Fred too, I become very attached to bugs that live in my house, even the scary looking ones :-). I have a cricket living in my bathroom.

Cyn said...

Good name!

LizLSB said...

Cool bug friend. It might be a lacewing, but I'm not sure. :)

Em said...

A depressed bug? What does he have to be sad about?

Jennifer said...

hi. i found you via Nina! :)

I'm glad that you think Fred has a cute face... me on the other hand would really want Fred to leave my wall if he were at my house... seems like maybe he is trying to sneek his way INTO your home!!

SO not cool!!!

I've never been really affraid of bugs, but lately as I get older they really REALLY creep me out!! Like BIG time... like a little girl screaming for dear life... well almost.

Holla! (that was my shout out to Fred!)

I hope he gets the help he needs for his depression... he could always check out the Post Secret site... seems to help some other people.

well I have rambled enough... I'm off to read some more of your posts...

Have a great night... toodles, Jenn