Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ugh

Livvie woke up at 652 this morning. SIX FIFTY TWO. Needless to say I was not ready for that.

So I brought her out of her room and changed her diaper and started the coffee. As the coffee was brewing I decided to go out to smoke. I went to open the door. It was already open. Yes, folks, not only did The Husband leave the door unlocked last night, but it was also only pushed to. I admit I got pissed. Mildly. Not only could any freak have wandered in here last night and done God knows what, but my dog Ginny knows how to open the door when it's only pushed to and she easily could have escaped. Awesome.

Rich has off today, which works out well because my dog Emma has her annual vet visit this morning. I had been trying to figure out how on earth I was going to manage both her and Livvie in the exam room this morning, and honestly I kept coming up with nothing. It's not like I could leave Livvie out in the waiting room to play with the toys out there. So thankfully Rich decided to take the day off, and things will be much easier for me. The main concern was that Emma occasionally does not vet well, and when I first got her she literally tried to kill the vet tech that was restraining her. She's gotten better over the years, but that doesn't keep me from being on my guard. If she had lost her mind with Livvie in the room things would Not Have Been Good.

Rich does plan to go to Home Depot for project materials today. I have no idea what said project will be, and as far as I know he won't know until he gets there. He wants to build a well house for the well cap, so maybe he'll start with that. He has a lot of projects scheduled for this spring and summer, including ripping up the old deck on the side of the house and replacing it to match the deck he built in the back of the house while I was pregnant. He also wants to build an extension off the roof of the shed so he can store stuff under it and keep it from getting wet. I have a feeling I'm going to end up getting irritated quite a bit, especially while he's redoing the deck. I jut don't know how we'll get in and out of the house while he's working on it. He said that it'll be possible, but no matter how hard I try I can't figure out how.

Have a great Wednesday everyone. See you tomorrow.


2 comments:

Dagny said...

I am excited for Rich's projects!!!

Michele said...

well, look at it this way, at least he's handy and can do stuff. My DH is not so handy...