Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ok, False Alarm Part 2

Apparently Dryer Dude is going to buy the Fuckingjeep after all. He's waiting for his tax check to come. That's good, because I was seriously getting pissed.

I finally went to the grocery store today. Yes, I have been putting it off since Saturday. Because I suck. We were seriously almost out of food, so my bill came to $141. That includes a cheap ass on sale carton of smokes though, so I honestly don't think I made out too badly.

Creepy Brian was not at the store today, but one of the managers has started recognizing me, and that freaks me out a little bit. I think I might be spending too much time there. Once a week even. Wish we had more room in the kitchen to shop for 2 weeks at a time.

Did you know that 41 men have died in the past decade while fishing for Alaskan Crab? Yes, I am totally addicted to Deadliest Catch, and I don't know what to do about it. I actually got pissed yesterday because during the 4pm episode Rich was playing with Livvie and they were making a ton of noise and I couldn't hear a damn thing. Did I mention I suck? I mean honestly, my husband is actually taking the kid off my hands for a bit and I get pissed over a TV show being interrupted. 

I'm also addicted to Dirty Jobs, which I'm sure I mentioned before. Quandry: Dirty Jobs moved to Monday nights at 9 to make room for the new season of Deadliest Catch on Tuesdays. House is coming back on Monday nights. I never manage to watch anything I've DVRd, and I'm going to miss Dirty Jobs until House ends in 6 weeks. By which time the new season of Dirty Jobs might be over and into reruns. Deadliest Catch is on during Hell's Kitchen, which I am also addicted to. So here's the thing: how do I manage to start watching the stuff I recorded? I still haven't watched any of the episodes of Lost after the first one this season, and I'm pretty sure the DVR has erased them by now to make room for new stuff. This isn't a large problem in the grand scheme of things, but it's my life, and I find it annoying. Someone needs to kick my ass once a day and remind me to watch the damn things I recorded. I leave that up to you.

That's it. Randomness done. Have a great Tuesday everyone.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie I think you need an intervention :-). I love you, but too much TV is bad for you :-). I know I used to have the same addiction. Clean now 10 years :-).

Cyn said...

I never have enough time for tv and it seems I am always watching it. Hey at least you can watch some adult tv now.

Dagny said...

I want the damn lobster show here.

I am still upset about that.

heh.

Nina said...

I am missing all of that. Waaa.

LizLSB said...

Here is some randomness about how I suck (not really). Today after work, I took myself over to the nail salon and had a spa pedicure. Got my eyebrows waxed too. As I sat there getting my chair massage, I felt no guilt AT ALL for spending the money and the time on ME. I suck. Teehee.

LizLSB said...

BTW, I do watch both House and Hell's Kitchen, but other than that, I don't think I'm addicted to TV. Now movies...that's a whole other story.

jennyquarx said...

I too love TV. I finally saw that crab show in the waiting room at the doctors the other day. I can so see why you're addicted to it. Only have seen bits and pieces of Dirty Jobs but Mike Rowe = yum. Good thing I don't have cable.

Em said...

You have to watch Lost!!

I go to the grocery store several times a week. They definitely know me there.