Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Can you point your fingers and do the twist?

Can you stand on one foot and shake your hands?

So I've decided that since I'm woefully out of shape I would start exercising. I hate exercising. I LOVE working hard in the garden or in the house, getting a workout in that way, but using a piece of equipment? Bah. During Rich's vacation last month the weather was beautiful and I decided to start. All of our exercise equipment is out on the deck under a gazebo we refer to as "the Gym." So on the first day I got through 2 songs on the elliptical machine. The second day 4. Then the last day (yes, last day) I got through 3. I have shin splints. Goddamn they hurt. My friend Nina says to push through them and they'll get better. I think she's insane. If they made epidurals for exercising maybe...

So that brings me to the Twist. The Wiggles. Yes, this is actually another post about The Wiggles. You see, their music is specifically designed to help children with their gross motor skills. This means that most of their songs have dances that go with them. Very um, wiggly dances. One of the Wiggles is named Anthony, and he's a colossal spaz. For each dance he moves like he's being stuck with a cattle prod. Which brings me to my new exercise regimen. Livvie and I watch the Wiggles. A song comes on with a dance (Can you point your fingers and do the twist?), and I make every attempt I can to move like Anthony. So I do point my fingers and twist. I stand on one foot and shake my hands. I boot scoot. I do the Wiggle Groove. I Rockabye my Bear. And I have a blast. Livvie finds it hilarious, especially if I'm singing along, and I'm hoping one day she'll be moving along with me. Because damn, Anthony. We're talking some serious cardio. Photobucket

5 comments:

Dagny said...

LMFAO

That is awesome.

hehee.

Nina said...

Twist some for me today. I'll be scrubbing things. (That is if I ever get my ass away from the computer).

Cyn said...

Dancing is a lot of exercise, good exercise. I bet Livvie loves watching you. I take it none of the Wiggles are vastly overweight dancing all the time?

Julie said...

Nope. All are skinny to slender. I won't be twisting today as today is a Little Einsteins day here. Oh well. At least I can immerse myself in raped and pillaged classical music.

Michele said...

lol, I bet you are getting way healthier exercise dancing with the wiggles. plus it's quality time with livvie. I wish i was a fly on the wall.