Saturday, February 23, 2008

It's a Post about Nothing

Do you know what drives me absolutely bugshit? Hearing my dog chewing on her feet. Ginny chews on her own toenails, and I don't even have to trim them because she rips off the long ends and I find them on the floor. I'm sensing that with the new low shag rug I'm going to be stepping on their hard little points before I even see them.

I just told her to knock it off 4 times in the past 2 minutes. She's on a roll, obsessively chewing, chewing, chewing. It's going right through my ear drums and into my brain, which is not in good shape after the drunken blog debauchery of last night. Yes, I got drunk. I put Livvie to bed and hit the big jug of Jim Beam and started pouring the Coke Zeros. I hit the point of tipsy after drink number 3, and hit the point of blotto by drink number 6. I ended up IMing with a friend of mine, who was also rather lit, so that means we weren't drinking alone, right? Actually 2 of my friends were IMing while lit, and that means I had a party at my desk. Rich was drinking beer. Lightweight. :)

Ginny is now licking the baby gate. Awesome.

I love dogs but they're totally disgusting. Thankfully I don't have dogs that roll in nasty stuff in the yard, and that's good because I once found 2 dead turtles in the yard that Rich had accidentally hit with the lawnmower. Ginny was absolutely interested in them, but I had her on a leash and managed to keep her from eating them. And I'm absolutely sure she would have tried. Witness hot wing incident of 2007.

That's all for today. Have a great weekend everyone. And stay away from the bourbon and cokes.

7 comments:

Dagny said...

hehee.

Michele said...

LOL

drunken floozie. :)

LizLSB said...

My dog used to chew her feet too, but after checking with the vet, we found out she has food allergies. We switched her food to Blue Buffalo, and this is no longer an issue. Rule out a medical/nutrition issue if you can, and then try some bitter apple spray on her feet to discourage chewing. It may help!

Dogs really are gross sometimes. The grossest thing to me is when unneutered male dogs lick their balls, loudly. My mom refuses to have her dog neutered, and he's all slurp, slurp, slurp, slurp, slurp, slurp, slurp. And don't even get me started on the um, applying lipstick. Hmm, maybe only male dogs gross me out?

Julie said...

Liz-

Both dogs used to have food allergies; they can't eat chicken or lamb or beef. They're now on Trout and sweet potato and both of them appear much better.

Ginny has an obsession with her nails. It's a compulsive behavior and I'm not sure how it started.

Drives me nuts though...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, dogs are gross. My dog, bless his heart eats dog poop, or really any poop he can get his paws on :-).

Erin said...

LOL I am gald you are having a great day!!

Sorry about the dog.. My mom's dog licks it butt non stop, it drives me crazy! i am always yelling at it....

Nina said...

These are all the reasons I do not have dogs. Gah, I do not like dogs. I am a bad American.