Saturday, February 16, 2008

Well...

Here goes part of our tax refund. Instead of paying a few bills off Rich bought this online last night:

Photobucket

How does one buy a sofa online without determining whether or not it is comfortable you ask? Well apparently you just ask your wife if she likes it, she says yes, and then after she goes to bed you whip out your debit card and place the order. It's going to be here on Thursday. He says it can come in through the kitchen. I doubt that highly. So at some point on Thursday I have to hope and pray that the delivery men don't show up during Livvie's nap and wake her up banging around the kitchen doorway.

His argument as to the level of comfort? He says that it has to be more comfortable than our current futon. He's probably correct. I still wish we had been able to test it out though.

In other news, my meds certainly didn't help yesterday as Livvie only slept for 30 minutes in the morning and then not at all in the afternoon. To avoid potentially screaming at her I left her in her crib for TWO hours while I ignored the crying and squealing. Two hours. In that time I did nothing except lie down with a pillow over my ears, give up on that, talk to my friend Jennifer on IM, and go outside and smoke. I was at the end of my rope. I ended up putting her down at 6pm and going to bed myself at 730 because I just wanted the day to fucking end.

Oh, also, I haven't gotten on the scale in a week or two. Did you know that substituting cigarettes for food can cause you to lose 9 pounds without really meaning to try? I just found that out. Hey, maybe I can end up svelte again. Oh wait, there's the whole quitting and all...

5 comments:

Nina said...

Nice couch! He likes niceness! Meds will start working their magic soon and Livvie will be fine until then. *hugs*

Dagny said...

(((((((((((((big fat hugs))))))))))))

jennyquarx said...

That's a great couch.

Today can only be better, right?

Smooches!!

Cyn said...

za1zzaz-

The above is a message from Emma. She sends you ferret hugs and tickly whiskers in the ears.

Michele said...

Nice couch!

I remember our futon. Even with a second cushion on it, almost any couch WOULD be better than that futon, so I empathize. Actually, almost any other couch would be better than our current couch. :P